Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Free afternoon

Because it was in the 50's and raining, we post-poned our trip to Hellbrunn (a park with water fountains that spray you, and there is a palace and the infamous Sound of Music gazebo). Instead of sticking to my original plan of practicing and taking a nap, I went to Cafe Republic and had some tea with a shot of rum in it (quite good). It was such a good time. I hadn't laughed so hard since I've been here. Then Fiona, Lindsey, and I went shopping down Getreidegasse (we're calling it Diagon Alley).
This morning I had a coaching session again with Enman. We worked on the Mahler. It felt like a completely different song after the coaching. I liked it. He complimented me by saying that I have the personality of a choral singer, but the voice of a soloist. Because I was an idiot and left all of my music on my desk in a folder, I only had my German Lied Anthology with me. He circled some of the songs that I should look at. Then he also said that I need to learn the Frauenliebe und Leben song cycle by Schumann. He helped me figure out how to sing a piano without contorting and sounding awful (which is what I have always done for choir). To sum it up, I wish I could have coaching sessions everyday.

No comments: