Monday, August 11, 2008

I performed my opera scene tonight. It went pretty well. My high stuff seemed a little pinched, that's frustrating since I know I can sing it so well. But it was better than I was afraid it might be. I did however, make the mistake of drinking some wine before the performance. After the masterclass we had an hour and a half before the performance. I ordered my favorite: weisswein gespritzt. Basically, it's white wine with soda. I didn't think it would affect me, and I don't think it really did. But I was a little paranoid at the start of the concert.
I sang in the masterclass today. I was somewhat disappointed with it. The clinician was Betty Bullock. She really didn't offer any advice about my singing, but mostly about interpretation, which I've heard already multiple suggestions of how to sing the b section of the song. It was mostly just trying stuff out. Nothing earth shattering. I wish I could have sung in more masterclasses.

No comments: